Knee pain in young
Arthritis is inflammation which occurs in the joints of the bones. Joints are responsible for the movement of the body parts. Arthritis occurs due to unhealthy life style, lack of exercise and a desk job do harm to knees, exercising for a day and trying to gain all the output in a day can hurt the needs if you are young.
Types of Arthritis
- Gout – Gout basically affects the toe and the knee it happens when Uric Acid crystals build in the joints.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – It is the most damaging form of Arthritis. It is a long term auto immune disorder, which mainly affects wrists hands and Knees. It is a Chronic diseases which makes your joint, warm, swollen and painful. Stiffness during the pain also makes it worse. Rheumatoid arthritis affects other parts of the body also. It results in low red blood cells count, inflammation around the lung and heart.
- Osteoarthritis – Osteoarthritis is the most common types of Arthritis which is also known as degenerative arthritis. It occurs due to the breakdown of cartilages. The common symptoms are Joint pain and stiffness. The joint which it affects the most are Thumb, Neck, Knee, hips. It takes Years and rigorous strain to affect the wear and tear of cartilages.
- Pseudogout – Pseudogout is Calcium Pyrophosphate dihydrate is a rheumatic disorder which occurs due to accumulation of calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate in the joint fluids.
- Septic arthritis– When Knee joint are affected by the outside agent like Virus, Bacteria, Fungi and Parasites leading to swelling, pain and Redness. Septic Arthritis leads to fever and headache.
Factors which leads to Knee Pain
- Obesity – Being overweight affects the knee because our legs take the pressure of the body. Even walking and Jogging can increase the chances of breakdown of joint cartilages.
- Lack of Exercise and Body Movements – Lack of Exercise and Body Movements will make the body stiff which will give less support to the Knee for holding the body.
- Previous Injury – Previously injured by an accident which affected knee can increase the risk of hairline fracture.
- Stressful sports – Some sports like Basket Ball, Football, Long Jump put huge stress on the knees than other sports do.
Cure for Knee Pain
- Medications – Gel and Creams that are applied to the skin supply sodium channel blockers, such as Lidocaine or Prilocaine.
- Injections – Steroid or Corticosteroids, such as Cortisone, Hydrocortisone and Prednisone, are synthetic versions of the hormone Cortisol, which reduces inflammation.
- Stay Fit – Maintain a proper diet it’s one of the best things you can do to avoid your knees from straining. Obesity puts additional strain on your joints, increasing the risk of injuries and osteoarthritis.
Physio Therapy and Light Weight Exercise – Certain exercises recommended in physiotherapy which give relief to pain and inflammation and fix muscular imbalances. Exercises is used to avoid weakness of muscles and joint stiffness.