These healthy foods will help you prevent from winter sickness
As winters are coming, we all need to gear up. Our eating habits have always been sedentary but such habits could lead to severe sickness problems in winters. Here are some healthy food ideas you should work on these winters.
- 1. Garlic – Eat 1-2 garlic birds every day. It contains antioxidants, which increase immunity and reduces the risk of infection.
- 2. Broccoli – You should include broccoli in your diet. It contains vitamin C, which increases immunity. Calcium strengthens the bones.
- 3. Fish – Eat fish once in a week. It has high amount of antioxidants, vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids. It strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of diseases.
- 4. Yogurt – A bowl of yogurt reduces the risk of diseases by 20%. It contains healthy bacteria, calcium, zinc and minerals, which reduces the risk of infection.
- 5. Oats – Add oats in your diet. It is an antioxidant, antibiotic and has antimicrobial properties which prevents us from diseases.
- 6. Sour Fruits – Eat at least one sour fruit a day like orange, pineapple, guava or grapes. It has high amount of vitamin C, which helps in preventing infection.
- 7. Ginger – Drink ginger tea or include ginger in your diet. It prevents us from cold-cough and breathing problem. It also helps to control cholesterol.
- 8. Spinach – Spinach in your diet or drinking spinach juice 2-3 times in a week is extremely beneficial. It contains antioxidants, vitamin C and beta carotene, which reduces the chances of disease.
- 9. Almond – Eat 2 fried almonds every day. It contains vitamin E, which prevents us from disease.
- 10. Carrots – Carrots are full of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Carrots have also been linked to improving even the most serious diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
- 11. Green Tea – Green tea has so many healing benefits. It lowers inflammation in the body and boosts immune function. When drank warm, the beverage also helps clear out excess mucus, soothes a sore throat, and aids in overall cleansing.
- 12. Green Peas – Protein helps the body’s defense and strengthening mechanisms, and peas are one of the easiest to digest, most inexpensive, body-friendly choices. They are a rich source of amino acids and fiber, and even have delicious sweet flavor.
- 13. Fresh Vegetable Juice – Freshly squeezed vegetable juice is one of the most healing tonics you can consume. Green juice, carrot juice, and tomato juice are all packed with antioxidants. Having some freshly squeezed vegetable juice will strengthen your immunity and deliver nutrients when your body needs them the most.
- 14. Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes are packed with beta-carotene, (which is indicated by their glowing orange hue), that converts to Vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A helps to fight off free radicals that weaken the immune system and can also help improve your liver health to benefit you further. High amounts of Vitamin C are also found in sweet potatoes, which help scavenge up free radicals, along with strengthen overall immunity. Eat a sweet potato a few times a week to get the benefits.